A Production Trainee is an entry level position within our bakery. In this position, you will be introduced to all areas of the bakery to find your perfect fit. You may be responsible for any number of duties in various departments in the bakery including operating high-speed production equipment.
·Great starting pay: $15/hr!
·Medical, 401k, Paid Time Off!
·4 day work week!
·Employee referral bonus program
As a Production Trainee:
·You are focused on the consistent production of a high-quality product in a baking facility by performing various duties.
·You may perform duties in production, packaging, shipping and/or sanitation areas.
·You will maintain a safe, clean and sanitary work environment.
·You will perform various functions and duties following written and verbal instructions.
·You will maintain Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
·You will conform to, demonstrate, and understand all environmental health & safety requirements.
·Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned by supervisor.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
·You have a strong analytical ability to gather and interpret data, in situations where the problems are somewhat complex (dealing with people, procedures and equipment).
·You work well in a team-based environment, have solid interpersonal skills, and you are not averse to change.
·You must be able to perform basic math skills
·You must be able to read and follow written instructions and recipes
·You maintain a positive attitude
·Prior Kitchen experience preferred
The Night time Bagel maker will be responsible for making various kinds of bagels to production specifications. Two shifts available - Tuesday-Saturday 4pm-midnight or Sunday-Thursday 4pm-midnight.
General Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
· Mechanical aptitude and basic math skills
· Ability to work as part of a diverse team
· Ability to read English and follow written and oral instructions.
· Excellent communication skills
· Keep work area clean and ensure all safety protocols are followed
· Able to multi task and work with a sense of urgency
*Prior bagel making experience is not required, but prior kitchen experience is preferred.
· Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions including any qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards
· Must be able to lift and carry up to 50lbs
· Ability to maintain regular punctual attendance
· Ability to perform job functions in hot and/or cold environment
· Ability to stand for extended periods
· Incumbent may be required to squat, reach, bend, pull, push, or be otherwise physically engaged in the course of their shift